Politics and politicians can be an great source of laughter. From the mishaps, goofs, bad interviews and speech hiccups, politicians have a unique way of falling on their face.
For those looking for a quick laugh, check out these funny political quotes. Ranging from the 1800′s all the way to these last couple of years. Enjoy!
20 Classic Political Quotes
1. Asking an incumbent member of Congress to vote for term limits is a bit like asking a chicken to vote for Colonel Sanders. – Bob Inglis
2. Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge where there is no river. – Clarence Darrow
3. The President has kept all the promises he intended to keep. – Clinton Aide George Stephanopolous.
4. It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. – Dan Quayle
5. For NASA, space is still a high priority. – Dan Quayle
6. A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
7. He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career. – George Bernard Shaw quotes
8. It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it. – George W Bush
9. To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you too may one day be president of the United States. – George W. Bush
10. A leader in the Democratic Party is a boss, in the Republican Party he is a leader. – Harry S. Truman
11.In a recent fire Bob Dole’s library burned down. Both books were lost. And he hadn’t even finished coloring one of them. —Jack Kemp
12. I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. — Ronald Reagan
13. Politics is war without bloodshed, while war is politics with bloodshed. – Mao Tse-Tung
14. I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. – Margaret Thatcher
15. Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. – Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.
16. Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. – Mark Twain
17. Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary. – Robert Louis Stevenson quotes
18. They don’t call me Tyrannosaurus Sex for nothing. – Ted Kennedy
19. Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke. – Will Rogers
20. I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. - Will Rogers