Kindness is one of the virtues people ought to possess. It is often associated with several other attributes such as compassion, consideration and being nice.
If you treat people with kindness you are more likely to get kindness in return. However, you should not be kind for what you hope to get but because it is simply the right thing to do. So, memorize your favorite kindness quotes as a way to instill this attitude.
16 Great Kindness Quotes
1. A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve. -Joseph Joubert
2. If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. – Bob Hope
3. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. –Dalai Lama
4. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: Kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile. – Mother Teresa
5. And as I’ve gotten older, I’ve had more of a tendency to look for people who live by kindness, tolerance, compassion, a gentler way of looking at things.
6. Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. –Seneca
7. Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. –Author unknown
8. Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. –Mark Twain
9. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. -Og Mandino
10. Be kind to unkind people, they need it the most. –Ashleigh
11. Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up. –Rev. Jesse Jackson
12. There is no duty more obligatory than the repayment of kindness. –Cicero
13. The best portion of a good man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love. – William Wordsworth
14. Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation. –Henry Ward Beecher
15. Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness. -George Sand
16. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Reminder: Next time you have a social interaction, remember your favorite kindness quotes as they apply to your attitude.