Born: October 23, 1960 – Baltimore
Died: July 25, 2008 – Chesapeake
Profession: Computer Science Professor, Author wiki
Randy Pausch was an American professor, writer, and inspirational speaker. He has worked for Viginia’s School or Engineering and Applied Sciences, Disney, Google, Electronic Arts, and Carnegie Mellon. However, Pausch may have been more well known for his personal struggle with Pancreatic Cancer.
Pausch was diagnosed in 2006 and died in 2008. During those last two years, Pausch gave several lectures, speeches, and appearances inspiring others to chase their childhood dreams.
25 Inspiring Randy Pausch Quotes
1. Apologize when you screw up and focus on other people, not on yourself.
2. Be good at something, it makes you valuable.
3. Be prepared. Luck is truly where preparation meets opportunity.
4. Don’t bail. The best of the gold’s at the bottom of barrels of crap.
5. I’ll take an earnest person over a hip person every day, because hip is short term. Earnest is long term.
6. Loyalty is a two way street.
7. Don’t complain; just work harder.
8. Get a feedback loop and listen to it… When people give you feedback, cherish it and use it.
9. Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcomed.
10. I’m dying and I’m having fun. And I’m going to keep having fun every day I have left.
11. It’s not about how to achieve your dreams. It’s about how to lead your life.
12. Respect authority while questioning it.
13. Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you.
14. We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.
15. A good apology is like antibiotic, a bad apology is like rubbing salt in the wound.
16. A lot of people want a shortcut. I find the best shortcut is the long way, which is basically two words: work hard.
17. Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.
18. Find the best in everybody. Just keep waiting no matter how long it takes. No one is all evil. Everybody has a good side, just keep waiting, it will come out.
19. Advice is very easy to give, and even easier not to follow, so I don’t fool with it.
20. Call home at least once a week. It’s a proven fact that we call home less the older we get. And that’s wrong. It should be the other way around. As we get older, our parents get older.
21. Remember brick walls let us show our dedication. They are there to separate us from the people who don’t really want to achieve their childhood dreams.
22. It’s not the things we do in life that we regret on our death bed, it is the things we do not.
23. The size of your audience doesn’t matter. What’s important is that your audience is listening.
24. You will need to find your passion. Don’t give up on finding it because then all you’re doing is waiting for the Reaper.
25. Anybody can get chewed out. It’s the rare person who says, oh my god, you were right. When people give you feedback, cherish it and use it.