Optimistic Quotes

Quotes that make you feel good!

30 Short Life Quotes

We need to be reminded that life’s too short to spend everyday doing work you hate. Life’s too short to hold grudges against people we love. Life’s too short not to see the wonders of the world. Life’s too short to not live life to the fullest.

short quotes

That’s not to say that you can completely eliminate tedium from your daily life. Even if you win the lottery, or sell your business and retire, you will still have responsibilities and obligations that you don’t want to do. But we shouldn’t use our obligations as an excuse not to chase the freedom to pursue the things that really matter to us.

Our Favorite Short Life Quotations

1. And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln

2. Anxiety and distress, interrupted occasionally by pleasure, is the normal course of man’s existence. – Joseph Wood Krutch

3. As you grow older, you’ll find the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do. – Zachary Scott

4. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious. – Phillips Brooks

5. Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time. – Chinese proverb

6. Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. – Charles Richards

7. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean

8. He who has nothing to die for has nothing to live for. – Moroccan Proverb

9. I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it. – Jack Handey

10. If you care about something you have to protect it. If you’re lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it. – John Irving

11. In spite of the cost of living, it’s still popular. – Kathy Norris

12. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on. – Robert Frost

13. It’s just life. Just live it. – Anonymous

14. I’ve lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened. – Mark Twain

15. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller

16. Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. – Lillian Dickson

17. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein

18. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. – Soren Kierkegaard

19. Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways. – Stephen Vincent Benét

20. Life is the flower for which love is the honey. – Victor Hugo

21. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw

22. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anais Nin

23. Live every day as if it were going to be your last; for one day you’re sure to be right. – Harry Morant

24. Live the life you’ve dreamed. – David Henry Thoreau

25. May you live every day of your life. – Jonathan Swift

26. Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. – Buddha

27. Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them. – Dion Boucicault

28. Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. – Lou Holtz

29. There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are virtue and talents. – Thomas Jefferson

30. There is only one happiness in life: to love and to be loved. – George Sand

Back to Top