Profession: Writer, Speaker wiki
Dale Carnegie was an American writer, speaker, and self-help expert. His rise to fame resulted from the incredibly successful series of books and self improvement programs he created.
“How to Win Friends and Influence People” was his first and most successful book, written in 1936. It is still highly regarded today. He also authored “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living”, and many others. [You can find his books here]
The Most Motivational Dale Carnegie Quotes
1. If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.
2. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
3. Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed.
4. Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.
5. You never achieve real success unless you like what you are doing.
6. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
7. Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it… that is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear.
8. Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.
9. Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
10. First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst.
11. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
12. Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain — and most fools do.
13. Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.
14. If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.
15. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
16. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
17. Success is getting what you want… Happiness is wanting what you get.
18. If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
19. It is the way we react to circumstances that determines our feelings.
20. I’ve found that worry and irritation vanish into thin air the moment I open my mind to the many blessings I possess.
21. Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
22. When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.
23. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
24. Criticism of others is futile and if you indulge in it often you should be warned that it can be fatal to your career.
25. Feeling sorry for yourself, and you present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.
26. I deal with the obvious. I present, reiterate and glorify the obvious — because the obvious is what people need to be told.
27. You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
28. If you want to be enthusiastic, act enthusiastic.
29. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
30. Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.