Born: October 15, 1844 – Germany
Died: August 25, 1900 -Germany
Profession: Philosopher, Poet wiki
Nietzsche was a German philosopher and cultural critic. His message was avoiding that which drained life’s energy. He wrote several texts on the affect of religion in society as well as dichotomy, and the role of life.
His work, however controversial, was highly touted and still holds influence with many today. It is unfortunate that his rise was stalled by illness so early in his career. He died by 55 years old.
Our Favorite Friedrich Nietzsche Quotes
1. I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you
2. I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.
3. Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not.
4. One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.
5. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
6. A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
7. A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy.
8. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
9. Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn’t.
10. He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.
11. To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
12. When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
13. Without music, life would be a mistake.
14. A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person in love.
15. Faith: not wanting to know what the truth is.
16. He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
17. In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
18. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
19. Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.
20. The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
21. The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.
22. At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.
23. If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
24. Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
25.Great men’s errors are to be venerated as more fruitful than little men’s truths.
26. In heaven all the interesting people are missing.
27. In truth, there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross.
28. Man is the cruelest animal.
29. Many people wait throughout their whole lives for the chance to be good in their own fashion.
30. One must have a good memory to be able to keep the promises one makes.