Life can sometimes be very tough.
Some challenges you face can leave you disheartened and depressed. However, there are some great quotes about life that can be a great comfort.
These quotes for life are comforting because they let us know that the challenges of life have been faced and surmounted by others and therefore we can surmount them. Some of the powerful quotes can act as confidence building when your spirit is weak and flagging.
These Are Some of My Favorite Great Quotes About Life
1. The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. – William James
2. We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face … we must do that which we think we cannot. -Eleanor Roosevelt
3. As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person. -Paul Shane Spear
4. To worry is like rocking in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere. -Unknown
5. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened; vision cleared; ambition inspired, and success achieved. – Helen Keller
6. No matter how bad things get, you got to go on living, even if it kills you. – Sholom Aleichem
7. I look at life as a gift of God. Now that he wants it back I have no right to complain. -Joyce Cary
8. Our life is short, your duties many, your assistance great, and your reward sure; therefore faint not, hold on and hold up, in ways of well-doing, and heaven shall make amends for all. -Thomas Brooks
9. Life is about laughing and living, in good and bad times. Getting through whatever comes our way and looking back and smiling. –Unknown
10. Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. –Maria Robinson
11. Enjoy when you can and endure when you must. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
12. The only mistake in life is the lesson not learned. – Albert Einstein,
13. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
14. Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts. -Charles Dickens
15. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today. – James Dean
16. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss
There are many other out there, but these great quotes about life always help me stay motivated.