Born: October 9, 1940 – Liverpool
Died: December 8, 1980 – New York City
Profession: Singer, songwriter, member of “The Beatles” wiki
Lennon began as a child when his mother taught him to play the banjo. Lennon then applied those skills over to the guitar and as a teenage formed his first band.
Lennon was also well known for his activism and political views. He called for peace during The Vietnam was an important part of the anti-war movement.
30 Classic John Lennon Quotes
1. I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
2. If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.
3. Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
4. War is over … If you want it.
5. I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.
6. Love is you; you and me.
7. When you’re drowning, you don’t say ‘I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,’ you just scream.
8. All we are saying is give peace a chance.
9. All you need is love.
10. As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
11. Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue with that; I’m right and I will be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first – rock and roll or Christianity.
12. Everybody loves you when you’re six foot in the ground.
13. Everything is clearer when you’re in love.
14. A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
15. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.
16. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.
17. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
18. The more I see, the less I know for sure.
19. There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…
20. Happiness is just how you feel when you don’t feel miserable.
21. It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what color my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.
22. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
23. Rituals are important. Nowadays it’s hip not to be married. I’m not interested in being hip.
24. You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
25. You have to be a bastard to make it, and that’s a fact.
26. God is a concept by which we measure our pain.
27. I don’t believe in yesterday, by the way.
28. The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn’t the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.
29. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant…. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
30. When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.