Mother Teresa (Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu)
Born: August 26, 1910 – Macedonia
Died: September 5, 1997 – West Bengal
Profession: Nun wiki
Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, meaning “little flower,” would later become known as “Mother Teresa”. She was known for her charitable and nurturing spirit.
Teresa was raised Roman Catholic, but it wasn’t until a train ride in 1946 when she claims she heard her “call to serve”. She decided to dedicate her life towards serving the poor and the sick. She became an Indian citizen and went on to run many shelters, homes, and programs to help those in need. Teresa was widely admired and has won many awards, including The Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
30 Favorite Mother Teresa Quotes
1. Get to know the poor in your country. Love them. Serve them.
2. How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers.
3. It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.
4. Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
5. The most terrible poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.
6. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
7. If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
8. Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
9. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
10. Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
11. Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.
12. Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
13. Peace begins with a smile.
14. Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart.
15. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness.
16. Like Jesus we belong to the world living not for ourselves but for others. The joy of the Lord is our strength.
17. Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing.
18. Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don’t only give your care, but give your heart as well.
19. Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
20. I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.
21. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
22. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
23. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
24. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
25. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
26. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
27. Spread the love of God through your life but only use words when necessary.
28. The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
29. The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.
30. What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.