The new year brings with it the promise of a clean slate and fresh start. We hope for new adventures and better quality of life. Making New Years resolutions gives us the opportunity to leave our previous faults in the past and focus on creating a new and improved versions of ourselves.
However, the key to a successful new year, is staying true to your resolutions. To help you, we have put together an inspiring list of New Years Quotes to get your mind focus on the the new year.
Begin The New Year With a Bang!
1. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. – Bill Vaughan
2. At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely. – W. Somerset Maugham
3. Be at War with your Vices, at Peace with your Neighbours, and let every New-Year find you a better Man. – Benjamin Franklin
4. Celebrate what you want to see more of. – Tom Peters
5. Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness. – William Shakespeare
6. Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. – Author Unknown
7. Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it’s twice as onerous a duty. – John Selden
8. New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday. – Charles Lamb
9. The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows. – George William Curtis
10. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Emerson
11. Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. – Hal Borland
12. Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to. – Bill Vaughn
13. Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. – Michael Josephson
14. First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
15. For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. – T.S. Eliot
16. Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year’s resolutions, and I’ve stuck with it ever since. – Dave Beard
17. Hope Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier’… – Alfred Tennyson
18. The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. – G.K. Chesterton
19. Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one. – Brad Paisley
20. Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. – Oscar Wilde