Sometimes we just need that little extra motivation to do what we need to do. That’s where inspirational quotes come in.
Hearing someone else telling you what you need to hear can be very powerful. These 6 Inspirational Quotes are a great source of inspirational and motivation to get going. Enjoy!
My Favorite Inspirational Quotes
1. What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? – George Eliot.
This quote is from the novel ‘Middlemarch: A study of Provincial Life’. George Eliot was actually a pen name of Marian Evans, an English writer and poet. She died in 1880.
2. Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. –Napoleon Hill.
Hill was an American author who penned the very famous book titled ‘Think and Grow Rich’ from where this quote is taken from.
3. Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds. –Buddhist quote.
Buddhism emphasizes doing good deeds not so as to get good deeds done to us in return, but because it is the right thing to do. Our deeds create karma, either good or bad.
4. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. – Judy Garland.
Judy Garland was an American singer and actress possibly best known for her role as Dorothy in the 1939 movie, ‘The Wizard of Oz’. Like many celebrities she had a tumultuous life made worse by her insecurity about her looks.
Her insecurity about her looks was made worse by the film makers who often forced her to take slimming drugs and tried to change her looks in the movies. She did try to fight against their oppression with little or no success. She died at the age of 46 from an inadvertent drug overdose.
5. Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. - George S. Patton
He was an officer in the American army and fought in both world wars and several other American military campaigns.
While he was General of the Army, he led several victorious campaigns. He believed that he was an excellent strategist and took huge risks that usually paid off.
6. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. –Aristotle
He was a Greek philosopher who studied under Plato. He was very concerned with what a good life should be and what happiness is.
We have found that memorizing the best inspirational quotes, and using them in your own life can help you become a better self.