Easter is a special time of year. It combines with the power spring to offer everyone a fresh start, a new beginning. These Easter Quotes celebrate the rebirth in all of us.
Whether you are religious or not, you can still get something out of this holiday meant for reflection and starting over.
We hope you can find some inspiration in them.
What Does Easter Mean to You?
1. It is the hour to rend thy chains, The blossom time of souls. ― Katherine Lee Bates
2. The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice. ― Henry Knox Sherrill
3. Those have a short Lent, who owe money to be paid at Easter. ―Benjamin Franklin
4. Christ appeared alive on several occasions after the cataclysmic events of that first Easter. ― Josh McDowell
5. Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song. ― Pope John Paul II
6. Easter is very important to me, it’s a second chance. ― Reba McEntire
7. My mom used to say that Greek Easter was later because then you get stuff cheaper. ― Amy Sedaris
8. The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake. ― Basil Hume
9. Christianity begins where religion ends…with the resurrection. ― Herbert Booth Smith
10. Live in the awareness that Christ lives and that He lives in His people. ― Julien B. Weil
11. The cross is the victory, the resurrection is the triumph…The resurrection is the public display of the victory, the triumph of the crucified one. ― Eric Sauer
12. The resurrection proclamation could not have been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact. ― Paul Althus
13. The tomb of Christ is famous because of what it DOES NOT CONTAIN. ― Sam Morris
14. All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt! ― Lucy Van Pelt
15. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. ― Clarence W. Hall
16. Easter tells us that life is to be interpreted not simply in terms of things but in terms of ideals. ― Charles M. Crowe
17. And he departed from our sight that we might return to our heart, and there find Him. For He departed, and behold, He is here. ― St Augustine
18. Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time. ― Martin Luther
19. The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise. ― Carl Knudsen
20. Well pleaseth me the sweet time of Easter That maketh the leaf and the flower come out. ― Bertran de Born